Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Out For a Stroll

The most annoying commercial on television.
(Originally written 1/10/2008)

Cablevision/ Optimum has been producing commercials that are in the vein of music videos promoting their services. Some of them were okay, while others were bad. However, for the past few months, they have been airing one that is so downright annoying that words don't describe it. For those of you who hate themselves, you can see it here.




This commercial is bad for two reasons.

1) Reggaeton is bad. As a musically genre, it's terrible. There is nothing appealing about this type of music.

2) Reggaeton is really fucking bad.

Besides these two factors as to how bad this commercial is, the guy singing (if that is what it can be called) is annoying. The girls who repeat the phone number (FOUR-FOUR-FOUR-EIIIIIIIIGGHHHTTTTT!) just get to be so grating that I want to shove a pen into my ear. Lastly, who is the guy dressed like a sea serpent/lobster thing? A friend of my girlfriend put it best; "He will never have sex again." Sounds about right. What's his draw? "I was in a TV commercial. I dressed like a Kraken. Want to have sex with me, chica?

I have gotten into the habit of going outside for a cigarette whenever this commercial comes on. But at the rate they play it, I'll be dead from cancer by next week.

No comments: