Saturday, May 2, 2009

Genesis: Chapter 7

The Trial of Colonel Sweeto
(Originally written 11/9/2007)

So Nick Gurewitch, the immensely hilarious creator of the Perry Bible Fellowship, finally has his book coming out in a week, and I couldn't be more excited about it. PBF is one of the funniest comic strip on the internet, and if you haven't seen it, you should. This book, titled the Trial of Colonel Sweeto, includes not just the strips he published online, but will have plenty of new stuff also. The book is still in preorder on Amazon; if you want to get yourself a copy, go here and grab one. (Note: The book has since been released and it is awesome.)

It might be strange that I am speaking so highly of another webcomic on this here site, but i would have to disagree. I feel that every artist should recognize their inspirations, and I feel that the Perry Bible Fellowship is certainly one of my inspirations. Though, I am unsure if I can write the same kind of surreal things that Gurewitch does. I look forward to a new strip from Gurewitch every week and I am rarely let down by what he supplies me. I am humble enough to recognize those who are more successful than me, but that doesn't mean that I don't aim to be as high as PBF one day.

Anyway, grab yourself a copy of Colonel Sweeto. Sure, you may have read most of it already if you are already a fan of PBF, but I'm sure that the new content makes the paltry price of 12 bucks worth it.

No comments: