Thursday, May 14, 2009

An Interesting Discovery


Christmas is right around the corner...
(Originally written 12/13/2007)

Is anyone else dreading it as much as I am?

I used to love Christmas. And not just because of the presents (though that may have been the main draw). I loved the feeling in the air, the Christmas music, having dinner with my family. But now that I'm older, Christmas is just a chore.

What it is, I think, that that I have finally realized how commercialized Christmas has become. I thank the last 8 years working in retail for that (Fuck you, department stores!) My girlfriend has been asking me what I want for Christmas, and I have no answer. I honestly don't want anything for Christmas.

I think, all I want, is to go back before the weight of the world took it's toll on me. The time when Santa Claus brought me presents, when Christmas presents were fun to buy because I didn't have to worry about the credit card bill in January, and I had a week and a half off from school instead of one day off from work.

That's what I want for Christmas this year...

No comments: