Sunday, June 7, 2009

Suiting Up

Going through a lot of changes.
(Originally written 4/20/2008)

Personally, I mean. By the end of the month, I have to move into my new apartment. So most of my time is consumed by packing a moving shit from one place to another. I also have to find a couple of friends who don't have to work or will be willing to take off from work on a Wednesday to help move the furniture. I doubt that is likely to happen. Source of stress #1.

My new job sucks. Not even a little. It sucks, like, something fierce. Couple that with the fact that my commute to this job is tripled compared to my last job and the non-stop increase in gas prices makes my paltry raise a pay cut, and you have source of stress #2.

The only thing getting me through is that I know the first stress source will be over by the time I get into the new apartment. Then, at least, I can work on finding a new new job and eliminate the second stress. In fact, I have already done some work for this, getting my resume in order and creating a small portfolio booklet that I can send to companies. I would like to try using my over-priced college degree instead of letting all of that money go to waste. I don't think that I will even consider a job that is not in the graphic design or advertising field for this reason, unless, of course, I am offered 80 grand a year. In that case...

Anyway, though I have problems, I know that they are temporary. I'm gonna keep trudging through life, trying to make the most of it.

No comments: